Monday, June 16, 2008

Nebraska Notes #4 Homework

My manuscript consultation today with a NY agent went well. She liked my my writing (clear, easy to follow and visual) and the story (women's lit, adventure, action based). My first chapter needs rewriting -- more story through action and dialogue just like the rest of the work. I agreed. the great news is she wants to read it again and will consider it for her list. I'm thrilled!

It's a small agency in New York, woman owned, who are well respected This agent has only four years in the agent business so she has the energy and commitment to work with a debut author (someone she can develop through multiple books) -- women's commercial and literary fiction is one of her areas of specialty.

I'm exhausted from listening and learning and have homework tonight. Harley Jane Kozak (http://www.harleyjanekozak.com/home.html) is fabulous as a commerical writing teacher. we'll be reading out loud tomorrow. that should be very interesting. My 10 classmates are great, one man in particular -- is a Costa Rican mathematician and physicist loiving in Atlanta who writes poetry in Spanish and wants to move into writing fiction in English. He even looks the role!!

Learning a bunch about format and structure. It'll should my writing so much easier.
More later in the week.

No comments: